Russell J. Fishkind, Esq.
A Partner in the Personal Wealth, Estates and Trusts Practice, Russell Fishkind focuses his practice on high net worth estate planning, business succession planning, family office consulting, estate administration and probate litigation.
Prior to joining the Firm, Russell served as Chair of the Trusts & Estates Team at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A. in Woodbridge, New Jersey. Following law school, he was a trust and estate administrator and financial officer for the United States Trust Company of New York. He was also the founding partner of Rudolph & Fishkind in New York City and East Brunswick, New Jersey.
Russell is an Assistant Adjunct Professor in New York University’s Department of Finance, Taxation and Law where he teaches estate and business succession planning. He frequently writes and lectures about trusts and estates related issues. He is the author of Legacy of a Lifetime, a layman’s guide to understanding estate matters; a co-author of J.K. Lasser Pro’s™ Estate Business Succession Planning – A Legal Guide to Wealth Transfer, and the author of Probate Wars of the Rich & Famous: An Insider’s Guide to Estate Planning and Probate Litigation.
Ronald P. Colicchio, Esq.
Ronald Colicchio concentrates his practice in estate and trust litigation and in the drafting of estate and business succession plans. He is a graduate of New York University School of Law where he earned his juris doctor and Masters in Taxation, and is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York and Florida. Ron has been representing clients in estate and trust matters for over 20 years, and is a seasoned litigator. As special counsel at Saul Ewing, Ron is often called upon to represent individuals and corporate fiduciaries in matters involving Will contests, contested inter vivos transfers, changes of beneficiaries on accounts, contested accountings, actions for breach of fiduciary duty, contested guardianships, Power of Attorney actions, forgeries, allegations of undue influence and fraud, and other trust and estate related litigation.
In addition to his litigation practice, Ron assists clients in creating and updating their estate and business succession plans, including the drafting of Wills, Trust agreements, special needs trusts, family limited partnerships, Private Foundation documents, shareholder and buy/sell agreements, employment and private annuity agreements, and federal and state tax filings. He also assists clients in probating Wills and administering Estates in Florida.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing, Ron was an attorney with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. in Woodbridge, New Jersey, where his practice also focused on probate litigation matters and estate and business succession planning. Ron served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Peter D. Pizzuto of the New Jersey Tax Court, Hackensack, New Jersey where he was involved in various tax controversies.
* Successfully concluded a hotly contested Will contest through an expedited settlement which was pending in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
* Litigated a matter in the New Jersey Supreme Court involving the admission of an unsigned copy of a will to probate.
* Brought a successful Will contest in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth County, seeking to set aside a new Will changed in favor of a client’s sister.
* Successfully settled a matter brought in Queens County Surrogate’s Court seeking to set aside a Will and Revocable Trust Agreements which removed a client as a beneficiary of her mother’s rather sizeable Estate as the product of undue influence, after taking only a few depositions.
* Successfully concluded a jury trial in King’s County Surrogate’s Court in favor of Decedent’s longtime friend and neighbor who was named as beneficiary of his Estate in lieu of distant relatives who had alleged that the Will was the product of fraud and undue influence.
* Achieved a quick settlement in another Will contest filed in the New Jersey Superior Court, Chancery Division, Probate Part brought against a second husband of the Decedent.
* Negotiated a meaningful settlement on behalf of Decedent’s children after filing an action based on undue influence in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Somerset County, involving various transfers of real estate interests prior to Decedent’s death.
Accounting and other Actions Involving Executors and Trustees
* Successfully defended an Executor in a hotly contested accounting action after many months of discovery and a full hearing.
* After a full hearing in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County, achieved a verdict in a matter surcharging the Substitute Administrator of the Estate for failure to properly distribute assets of the Estate to Decedent’s son.
* Achieved a quick settlement in a hotly contested accounting action filed in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Ocean County, after many months of unsuccessful litigation by prior counsel.
* Successfully defended an Executor in an action in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, filed by his brothers alleging fraud and misappropriation of monies regarding their mother’s estate.
* Negotiated a quick settlement on behalf of Decedent’s spouse against Co-Trustees of a trust set up for her benefit after alleging breach of fiduciary duty and failure to properly distribute assets.
Other Trust and Estate Litigation Matters
* Achieved a swift resolution of a guardianship action filed in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County, after the death of the prior guardian.
* Obtained a judgment in the Superior Court of New Jersey against Decedent’s wife who had forged a Deed prior to his death.
* Negotiated a settlement between beneficiaries of an Estate pending in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County after alleging undue influence and fraud against a son of the Decedent who was instrumental in procuring a new Will.
* Successfully probated a hand written codicil of the Decedent after filing an action in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
* Was instrumental in achieving a resolution of trust litigation in the New York County Surrogate’s Court.